Associate Peace Corps Director for Agriculture ProjectVu le: May 16, 2018 - - Sénégal
Associate Peace Corps Director for Agriculture Project
Position status: Full time/local hire
Location: Dakar, Senegal with up to 40% travel within Senegal
Compensation: Gross salary + benefits: 23,226,959 CFA – 25,332,519CFA/annum.
The United States Peace Corps in Senegal seeks a highly qualified for a highly qualified Agricultural professional to fill the position of Associate Peace Corps Director for Agriculture. The position, located in Dakar, leads and implements the Peace Corps’ Agriculture project in Senegal including two sub-projects: sustainable (rural) agriculture and urban agriculture. Duties include planning, supervision of staff, training, guidance and oversite of 60 Volunteers, developing and implementing programming, and monitoring and evaluating the project. The position is directly supervised by the Director of Programming and Training. The incumbent, a member of senior staff, supervises a small agriculture team and works in close collaboration with Peace Corps Senegal’s other programming and training professionals. The position entails acting in an official capacity representing the US Peace Corps working with the Government of Senegal’s ministries and other partner organizations.
Interested candidates must hold the following qualifications:
a. Education: Master’s degree in a field related to Agriculture or project design and management and related agriculture knowledge and skills, or a bachelor’s degree with at least ten years of relevant work experience.
b. Prior Work Experience:
- Six or more years of progressively responsible experience in relevant fields (Agriculture, project design and management, Volunteer programming, etc.).
- Strong experience working closely with or supporting international students, volunteers, interns or others from a different culture, or significant experience working and living in another culture.
- Significant experience as a trainer and/or in the development of training programs.
- Experience in grassroots community development.
- Sound experience directly supervising professional staff.
c. Language Proficiency:
- Fluent written and spoken English and French.
- Proficiency in one or more of Senegal’s national languages an asset.
d. Skills and abilities
- Ability and/or experience working with local government officials at all levels.
- Experience with an American or International organization and/or culture. Must also have a good knowledge of or interest in American culture and issues of cross-cultural differences.
- In depth knowledge of realities of rural Senegal and/or the West Africa sub-region.
- Good computer skills.
The full positions description and requirement are available upon request by sending an email to [email protected]
Interested and qualified applicants for the position should submit the following:
- . Letter of interest/motivation, in English, addressing your experience and suitability for the position;
- . A current resume (CV) in English+3 professional references;
- . Any other documentation (e.g. certified copy of educational certificates, degrees earned, driving license) that addresses the qualification requirements of desired position;
- . Certified copy of identity card or certificate of nationality and “extrait of casier Judiciaire;
Interested applicants must have ability to pass full background/security checks; and show proof of residency or ability to work in Senegal.
All applications should be submitted electronically and in English to [email protected] with “APCD AG” in the subject line no later than 00:00 by Sunday June 3, 2018.
Incomplete and/or late application will not be entertained, nor applications not submitted in English.
Only those candidates short-listed for an interview will be contacted.